A family recipe by Great-Nanna Lottie.
- 7 lb small apples
- 2 gallons water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Wash and quarter the apples. Do not peel or core the apples.
Put the quartered apples with the water into a good size earthenware vessel. Cover and leave for a month, stirring about once a week.
Strain well. Add 3 1/2 lb of sugar to each gallon of liquid. Put into a large stone jar and stir well.
Do not cork tightly for about six weeks as the mixture works itself after being put into the jar. Ready for drinking after three months.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Non-alcoholic Mojito Smoothie! 4.6/5 (803 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (176 Votes)
- Dandelion cordial 3/5 (195 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.3/5 (147 Votes)
- Bellissimo Spaghetti Bolognese 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Glacé icing 3.8/5 (91 Votes)