Melting middle truffles
- ½ 450g/1lb jar dulce de leche caramel toffee
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 2 x 200g/7oz bars milk chocolate
- 142ml pot double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about 85g/3oz cocoa powder
- to coat
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Make the middles first. Heat the Dulce de Leche in a pan for 1 min until warmed and runny, then stir in the chopped dark chocolate and leave to melt. Stir until smooth. Cover a dinner plate with cling film, oil the cling film well, then tip the mix onto it. Cool, then freeze for 2 hrs or until very firm.
Put the milk chocolate into a bowl. Bring the cream to the boil in another pan, then pour it over the chocolate. Leave for 2 mins, then add the vanilla and stir until smooth. Cool, then chill until set.
Peel the caramel from the cling film, then snip into thumbnail-size pieces; wet kitchen scissors work best.
Spread cocoa powder over a large baking tray.
Take a heaped tsp of the truffle mix then, with cocoa-dusted hands, poke in a caramel chunk.
Squash the mix around the caramel to seal, then roll into a ball.
Put onto the tray, then shake to coat in the cocoa.
chill if making less than 3 days ahead.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (255 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Chocolate Delight 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
- No cook chocolate tart 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Chocolate caramel brownies with... 3.4/5 (138 Votes)