Beef and bean burritos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup beef stock
- 300g can red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 8 flour tortillas (see note)
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream and salad leaves
- to serve
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add mince. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until browned.
Add cumin, paprika and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add tomatoes, capsicum, tomato paste and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in beans and coriander.
Warm tortillas following directions on packet. Divide beef mixture between tortillas. Spread along centre of tortillas. Roll up to enclose filling. Place in a large, greased baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and burritos start to brown. Serve with sour cream and salad leaves.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Pulled pork 3.5/5 (147 Votes)
- Kinder Bueno Cake 3.3/5 (160 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.