Lemon Cupcakes with a Lemon Frosting.
Luscious lemon sponge and frosting is completed with candied lemon zest and white fondant blossom.
- 150g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract or 3 Lemons
- For the Frosting:
- 50g Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract or 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 200g Icing Powder
- 1 Lemon Zest
- Yellow Food Colouring
- Candied Lemon Zest
- White Fondant Blossom Flowers
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 160’ and set up the cupcake cases in a muffin tray.
Cream together the caster sugar, lemon extract or juice and stork until pale and fluffy.
In a separate bowl or jug lightly whisk the eggs until all combined.
Gradually add the eggs into the creamed sugar mix and gently whisk until all combined.
Sift in the flour and carefully fold until completely combined.
Put an ice-cream scoop of mixture into each cupcake case.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and springy to touch, and cool on a wire rack.
Whilst cooling, mix together the stork, lemon zest, lemon juice or extract, a few drops of lemon food colouring, milk and icing powder until smooth and thick.
Once cool decorate the cupcakes by piping on the icing and adding the candied lemon to the top of the cupcake and the fondant blossoms randomly; use different sizes on each cupcake. See the above image for decoration referenced.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcakes 1/5 (1 Votes)