Makes 2 medium sponges
- 3 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to Gas mark 4/170'C.
Grease and line two 19cm sandwich tins.
Cream butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
Add and beat in the eggs.
Fold in the flour.
Divide the mixture equally into the 2 tins so there is 300g in each.
Cook for 20 minutes.
Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
To make the sponges chocolate replace 50g of flour for 50g of cocoa powder.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (458 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Easy Chocolate Mousse 3.4/5 (201 Votes)
- How to make the perfect pizza dough 3.5/5 (139 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Little Damson plum filled sponge... 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Little violet sponge cakes 4.2/5 (29 Votes)