The Al Capone (peaches & cream cake)
By Alicia du blog Les Gâteaux Magiques d'Alilo
- 3 eggs
- 90 g flour
- 90 g caster sugar
- 1 half sachet of baking powder
- 6 tablespoons juice from a big tin of peaches in syrup
- 180 g mascarpone
- 150 g low fat natural fromage frais
- 40 g of brown sugar
- 20 g of caster sugar
- 2 tins of peaches in syrup or 3 very ripe peaches
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
You will need a food mixer to make the sponge.
Weigh the sugar and the flour and put them in separate bowls. Add the baking powder to the flour.
Mount the egg whites with a pinch of salt. Add the sugar and keep whisking. Add the 3 yolks, lower the speed then add the flower, in sprinkles.
Turn off the mixer and pour the mix into a springform cake tin.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Leave to cool, then moisten the cake with the peach juice, using a spoon. Leave to soak up the juice for 15 minutes.
Mix the mascarpone and the fromage frais together. Add the brown sugar and the caster sugar. Mix well. Spread onto the cake sponge. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
Cut the peaches into slices. Drain them on kitchen roll for 10 minutes. Arrange them in a flower pattern on top of the cake. Return to the fridge until it's time for dessert!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Pilau and Peaches 4/5 (15 Votes)