The Perfect Clonakilty Cooked Breakfast
Ever wonder how to make the perfect cooked breakfast? Well we have the answer! All you need is some Clonakilty produce and some Sunday morning tunes on the radio. It's so easy that you will be treating friends and family every weekend. Just think of all those happy faces!
- 2 Clonakilty Traditional Sausages or 4 Clonakilty Ispíní Sausages
- 2 Clonakilty Rashers/ Slices of Bacon of your choice - oak smoked
- beechwood smoked
- dry cure or mild cure
- 2 pieces of Clonakilty Blackpudding cut to 2cm thick
- 2 pieces of Clonakilty Whitepudding cut to 2cm thick
- 1 Free-range egg (straight from the hen if you are lucky enough to have some in the garden!)
- Half a tomato
- Drizzle of Rapeseed Oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 19mins
Cost Average budget
Turn your grill/salamander on to full heat.
Place your sausages on the grill.
Keep turning your sausages until fully golden and cooked through.
Pop your plates underneath the grill to start them warming through.
Place your rashers on the grill in an overlapped fashion so that they are all facing the same direction and the rind of the rasher is showing. This way you will allow the heat from the grill above to crisp the rind of the rasher to perfection without drying the meat out.
Place the slices of Clonakilty Blackpudding and Whitepudding on the grill now and cook until warmed through and golden on each side.
In a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat add a little rapeseed oil crack the egg in gently and season the yolk with a sprinkle of sea-salt.
Add the tomato to the pan and allow to caramelise.
Serve your full Clonakilty breakfast on a warmed plate with plenty of toast and tea.
Loads of toast, Irish butter and a big mug of tae (tea)!
If ever in doubt always make sure that your meat reaches 70ºC instantly with a temperature probe to ensure it is properly cooked.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (219 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (159 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (136 Votes)