Clonakilty Roast Smoked Bacon And Cabbage
This classic Irish dish should be in everyone’s repertoire.
The Clonakilty Smoked Bacon is perfect for this dish, adding another depth of flavour to this classic combination.
- 1 750g Clonakilty Smoked Bacon Joint
- 1 Large head of Savoy Cabbage
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Rapeseed Oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the Clonakilty Smoked Bacon Joint in a roasting pan and cover with tinfoil and place in to the preheated oven.
Cook the Clonakilty Smoked Bacon Joint for 45minutes with the tinfoil on and then for an extra thirty minutes without.
*Allow 30minutes per 500g of bacon plus an extra 30minutes. Always check the cooking to ensure fully cooked. Allow to rest out of the oven before carving.
Finely shred/ slice the Savoy cabbage.
Place a large wok on a medium to high heat and add a little oil to coat the pan.
Add the shredded cabbage to the pan and stir-fry until slightly wilted but that it is still a vibrant green. Season to taste.
Add the chicken stock and simmer the cabbage in the wok for 2-3 minutes.
Carve the Clonakilty Smoked Bacon joint into thick slices and arrange on a large plate over the stir-fried cabbage.
Serve with steamed baby potatoes
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (179 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Topped... 4.4/5 (58 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Antipasti... 3.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Clonakilty Whitepudding And... 3.7/5 (50 Votes)