Rigatoni With Clonakilty Blackpudding, Olives, Fresh Tomatoes And Peppers
The mid-week family dinner was never so easy with this fresh and vibrant meal.
- 280g Clonakilty Blackpudding
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine – roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers - roughly chopped
- 1 500ml carton of Pasata
- Rapeseed Oil
- 100g Kalamata olives – pitted
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 500g Pack of Rigatoni
- chopped fresh basil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Heat some of oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Clonakilty Blackpudding and cook for 30 seconds on each side until light golden in color. Remove the Clonakilty Blackpudding from the pan and reserve.
Return the pan to the heat; add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until tender follow with the tomatoes, peppers and olives and to the hot pan and toss gently.
Add the pasata and bring to a gentle simmer for around ten minutes. Season to taste.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and strain the pasta.
Add the cooked Clonakilty Blackpudding to the sauce being careful not to break it up too much.
Toss the al dente pasta in the sauce and serve with a scattering of fresh chopped basil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (219 Votes)
- Beef and Guinness Stew 3.4/5 (136 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Full English... 3.4/5 (132 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Topped... 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Warm cherry tomato and sweetcorn... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding Tart With... 3.4/5 (128 Votes)
- Tuna and tomato tart with... 3.7/5 (123 Votes)