Potato and carrot top röstis
By Marie-Ange Dumas
- For a dozen Röstis:
- 4 large potatoes
- 150g fresh carrot tops
- 1/2 onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash the carrot tops (leaves and carrot) under the tap and drain well.
Cut off the larger stems and finely chop the leaves. Steam cook 10-15 mins.
During this time, peel the potatoes (ne need to wash them first).
Grate them into a bowl with a coarse grater. Add the eggs, flour and half the chopped onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. Mix in the carrot leaves, once cooked.
Heat 200ml of oil in a frying pan.
Spoon little individual heaps of potato mix into the hot pan, flatten them and fry 4-5 mins on each side.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Swiss Roulade 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Gourmet salad with gizzards and... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Cauliflower and potato patties... 2.8/5 (23 Votes)