- 2 rump steaks trimmed (175g each after trimming)
- 3 shallots (sliced) - banana shallots are best
- 100g mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Tomato sauce
- 250ml double cream
- Handul of parsley
- 1½ Oxo cubes
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Bash out steak in clingfilm until thin and remove any extra fat. Pepper steaks on both sides.
Fry steaks for about 1 minute either side until browned. Then place to one side to rest.
Fry shallots in butter until softened. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
Add mustard and cream and stir. Then add mushrooms and stir to mix.
Add good splash of Worcestershire sauce, plenty of tomato sauce, dollop of port and crushed oxo cubes. Stir well to mix then add parsley and stir again. Leave to simmer for a while.
Put steaks back in pan to warm through and then serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.