Little violet sponge cakes
By Chouya , blog : Qui dort dîne
- 60 g salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 120 g crystallised violet petals
- 60 g of ground almonds
- 60 g flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C
- Melt the butter until golden brown and cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the brown sugar, add the candied violet petals and mix.
- Add the ground almonds, flour, stir, add the melted butter, mix again.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add to the mixture.
- In silicone cupcake moulds, place one or two tablespoons of batter in each cavity, depending on the size of the moulds.
For decoration, press a crystallised violet flower into the centre each cake before baking for 10 minutes at 200 ° C and a further 10 minutes at 180 ° C.