Butternut Squash Soup with Fresh Coriander
By Emmanuel VAN DAM - Traitement de Saveurs
- - Olive oil 50 ml
- - Big onions 1 kg
- - Garlic 1 head
- - Butternut squash
- peeled and cut into large cubes 2 Kg
- - 5 litres water
- - Sprigs of coriander (reserve the leaves) ½ bunch
- - Crushed coriander bays 10
- - Salt
- - Reserved coriander leaves (to add at the very end ) 1/2 bunch
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Finely chop the onions and garlic and sweat in olive oil for two to three minutes.
Remove the stems of the coriander, reserving the leaves. Tie the stems together and add them to the pot.
Add the diced butternut squash to the pot and fry for a few moments in oil with the onions, (this will make your soup shiny).
Moisten with water or if you have a good chicken stock it's even better, and cook until the pumpkin pieces are soft all the way through (check with the tip of a knife).
Do not overcook as the soup will be tastier. When it is cooked, remove the coriander stems and mix everything with a blender. Add the coriander leaves and blend again.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)