Pasta with smoked salmon in creamy sauce
- 200gr smoked salmon
- 250ml single cream
- 6 spring onions
- fresh dill
- a bit of vodka or whiskey
- pasta shapes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Boil pasta according to instructions. Chop and saute the spring onions
Cut the salmon into short stripes and add to pan with spring onions.
When the salmon has a whiteish color add enough alcohol to cover the salmon.
When the liquid has been drained from the pan, add the cream, lower the heat to medium and let it shimmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Thinly chop the dill and add to the pan when sauce is nearly done.
Drain the cooked pasta, add to the pan (turn the heat off first) and mix.
The choice of alcohol can slightly change the taste, so feel free to experiment. Avoid beer though cause it doesn't suit it.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.7/5 (160 Votes)
- Masala Fish Goujons with... 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Mushroom Pasta 3.5/5 (135 Votes)
- Crabmeat Tagliatelle 3.4/5 (137 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.