Suzie’s Kitchen Crumble:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup porridge oats
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup margarine
- 2-3 Bramley apples
- cored and chopped
- 1 small/1/2 large banana
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine all topping ingredients in a food processor. This should not be too dry. Add more margarine if necessary, or a little flour if too solid.
Place apples in an oven-proof dish, around 8 inches. Slice banana and distribute evenly over the apples. Sprinkle fruit with a little sugar.
Cover fruit with the crumble topping and bake at 180° for 30-40 minutes or until crumble browns. Can also be frozen, but doesn’t usually last that long!
Substitute the flour and porridge for matzo meal and ground almonds for a delicious Pesach recipe.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (469 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Rhubarb Crumble 3.5/5 (131 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Cute Apple Crumble 4.1/5 (72 Votes)
- Instagramable Apple Crumble 3.3/5 (123 Votes)