Sour Cherry Puddings
- Cherry Syrup
- 150g dried sour cherries
- 50g caster sugar
- 80ml water
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 orange (zested and juiced)
- 80ml crème de cassis
- Cherry Pudding
- 400g cherry jam
- 140g unsalted butter (plus extra to grease the moulds)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 50g candied ginger chopped roughly
- 30g self raising flour
- 140g fine brown breadcrumbs
- 100g brown sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 60ml crème de cassis
Level of difficulty Average
Preheat oven to 165C/330F and grease 6 dariole moulds with the extra butter
In a saucepan over a medium heat add all the ingredients for the syrup. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes until syrupy.
In a different saucepan heat the jam and butter until the butter has melted. Take off the heat. In a bowl add the zest, ginger, flour, breadcrumbs, sugar and baking powder and mix to combine. Fold in the jam and butter mixture until just combined and then mix in one egg at a time.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of cherries into the bottom of each mould. Save any excess syrup for serving. Divide the pudding mixture between the moulds. Place a square of baking paper on top of each pudding followed by asquare piece of foil, shiny-side down, then tuck under the foil to create a neat lid.
Place moulds in a deep roasting pan lined with a clean tea towel. Pour boiling water halfway up the sides of moulds. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
To serve, gently release puddings from the sides of the moulds and invert into bowls. Drizzle with remaining syrup and cherries, and serve with cream or ice cream.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Vanilla Sponge Cake with Chocolate... 4.2/5 (72 Votes)
- Cream of aubergine soup with... 3.7/5 (56 Votes)
- Foie Gras and gingerbread... 3.1/5 (72 Votes)