Cream of pumpkin and chestnut soup
- 800 g pumpkin
- 800 g tinned chestnuts
- 1 small white onion
- A handful of dried porcini mushrooms
- 200 ml of cream
- pepper & nutmeg
- A little butter_
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Chop the onion finely and cut the pumpkin into large chunks. In a casserole, melt the butter and add the onion. Fry the onion until soft, then add the pumpkin.
Melt the pumpkin over low heat and add one litre of water. When it begins to simmer, add the drained chestnuts and cook over very low heat for half an hour.
Grind the pumpkin and onion through a fine vegetable mill, then season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Prepare the dried porcini mushrooms according the instructions on the packet, then add to the soup.
Reheat gently, then thicken with the cream. If necessary, adjust the seasoning before serving.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (195 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (185 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Soft potato muffins with spring... 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Carrot and Chestnut Soup 3.4/5 (133 Votes)
- Minced meat cakes 3.8/5 (98 Votes)