Soup - Devilled Pepper, Courgette and Ham Soup
This is a great soup with a kick and a sense of heart too. Something to make you feel toasty inside.
- 1 courgette
- sliced and diced
- 1 pepper – mine was yellow
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Some dried chill flakes to taste or a chopped deseeded red chilli
- Black pepper
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- Whatever ham you can muster – I used three slices chopped.
- Olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
In a deep pan, fry the onion, courgette, garlic and onions until softening.
Add the chilli. I used a teaspoon of dried red chilli flakes. Stir – then grind over a goodly grind of black pepper.
Then pour in the hot stock. Add 2/3rds of your ham. Bring to the boil, turn the heat down, pop a lid on and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Split the rest of the ham between your bowls and ladle over the soup.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Courgette Cream Soup 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Romano Peppers with Couscous 3.4/5 (130 Votes)
- Crab, Corn and Pepper Rice Salad 3.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Penny's special omelette 3/5 (121 Votes)
- Liver and Sweet Potato 2.8/5 (9 Votes)