Grannie Crowther's Tattie Soup
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 medium leek
- For Stock Either:
- a flank of mutton and one lamb stock cube OR 2-3 lamb stock cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Peel and half the potatoes- quarter any larger ones.
Peel and grate the carrots.
Wash and slice the leek.
Put everything into a large stock pot with the flank of mutton, or the stock cubes and cover everything with boiling water.
Simmer for an hour or so, adding more water if you prefer a thinner soup.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and consider an extra 1/2 stock cube if you feel you need it.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Dumplings Without Using Suet 3.6/5 (250 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (173 Votes)
- Easy & Quick Apple Crumble 3.5/5 (128 Votes)
- Potato and leek soup with spring... 3.9/5 (72 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.