Wholewheat Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
A healthier version of a decadent breakfast - these pancakes are made with whole wheat flour and are a great way to add some fruit into the breakfast without too much fuss.
- For the pancakes:
- Whole wheat Flour (atta) - 1 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Egg - 1
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Milk - 1 1/3 cups
- Melted butter - 1 teaspoon for batter and 2 teaspoons for cooking the pancakes
- For the Blueberry Sauce:
- Blueberries - 1 cup
- Honey - 6 tablespoons
- Water - 1/4 cup -
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Place all the pancake ingredients in a bowl and use a whisk to blend everything. Add the 1 teaspoon melted butter to the batter. It doesn't matter if there are a few lumps in the batter.
Heat a frying pan until it gets hot and put a little butter and pour a small ladle of pancake batter and let it sizzle. The pancake should be around 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
Let it cook on one side and then flip it to cook the other side. Remove and continue to make the remaining pancakes.
To make the blueberry sauce - place all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and bring it to boil. Let it simmer till the blueberries have burst and the syrup becomes a lovely purple colour and slightly thick. Let the syrup cool before serving.
To serve - make a stack of pancakes and spoon the blueberries and drizzle the sauce from the top.
Try adding fresh blueberries in the pancake batter or even chocolate chips to make them more appealing to children. -
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Microwave Chocolate Pudding and... 3.4/5 (187 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (156 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)
- Low Fat Mixed Berries Muffins 3.3/5 (79 Votes)