Chocolate and Vanilla Cookies
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy free
- 125ml soya or almond milk
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 285g spelt flour
- 75g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 bicarbonate of soda
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 190g manuka honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 175g unsweeted
- dark chocolate chips
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 10mins
Preheat an oven to gas mark 4 and line 2 baking sheets with foil.
Mix together the soya milk and ground flaxseeds and set aside to thicken.
Separately, whisk the flour, unsweetened cocoa and soda bicarb in a large bowl.
Add the oil, honey and vanilla to the seed mixture and stir for about 5 minutes. Alternatively, use a mixer with a dough detachment.
Pour into the flour mixture and stir to combine. Set aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
Next, pinch the dough into golf ball sizes. Using a rolling pin, flatten into round discs, 1cm thick. Arrange the discs onto the baking sheets.
Bake for up to 7/10 minutes. Remove, allow to cool and move onto a wire rack. The cookies are edible for up to four days or so.
These are Vegan friendly and, depending on flour used, also gluten free
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (459 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (154 Votes)
- Love Heart Cookies 3.4/5 (167 Votes)
- Double chocolate chip frappe 3.4/5 (144 Votes)
- Large Chocolate Chip Cookies 2.9/5 (148 Votes)
- Sparkling vanilla Christmas cookies 3.8/5 (56 Votes)
- Hot Chocolate Cookies 3.6/5 (53 Votes)