- 85g golden syrup
- 85g butter
- 85g caster sugar or light brown sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 1-2tsp gound ginger
- A little milk
- Icing (optional) -
- 175g icing sugar
- sufficient amount of water
- To decorate -
- Dried fruit
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to gas mark 4. Grease a baking tray.
Put the golden syrup into a saucepan with the butter and sugar. Heat gently until all the ingredients have just melted. Allow to cool.
Sift the flour and ground ginger into a bowl. Add the melted ingredients and enough milk to mix in to make a soft dough.
On a floured side, knead the mixture and roll out. Cut into shapes and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
When cool, decorate with dried fruit and/or the glace icing - sift icing sugar into a bowl and bind together with water. Serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (468 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Dandelion cordial 3/5 (195 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Eye-boggling Masterpiece 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- BBQ'd Pineapple 3.8/5 (109 Votes)