Death by Chocolate
This dessert should be called Suicide is Painless! I made this in a trifle bowl as shown, but I think I would use a glass 9x11 dish next time. After serving up a few portions the dessert started to fall in on itself and I was up to my elbows in sticky sweetness. It was surprisingly very light, and folks came back for seconds and thirds. One recipe will feed an army, but it stays very nice in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days. Diabetic warning: don't be tempted to go overboard!
- 1 chocolate cake mix (and ingredients to make cake)
- 1 large container cool whip
- 1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix (and milk to make pudding)
- 1 box Reese's pieces
- 1 large package Kit Kat bar
- 1 bag Mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- Chocolate Syrup
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In mixing bowl, combine cake mix and needed ingredients to make a chocolate cake. *I used Devils Chocolate cake mix. Bake cake according to directions. Once baked, allow to cool completely. Once cooled crumble up cake.bI used a fork so the cake wouldn't get flat.
In another bowl, make chocolate pudding according to directions.
Fold in 1/3 container of Cool Whip into pudding, to create a chocolate mousse.
Crush up the Kit Kat bar into small pieces. Add the peanut butter cups and Reeses pieces to the Kit Kat mix and set aside.
To assemble trifle, follow this order:
1/3 crumbled cake
1/2 chocolate mousee
Sprinkle Candy pieces
1/3 Crumbled Cake
Remaining cool whip
Sprinkle candy pieces
1/3 Crumbled Cake
1/2 chocolate mousse
Chocolate Syrup (drizzled)
Remaining Candy Pieces sprinkled on top
Making this again, I would use a glass deep rectangular pan. This way it doesn't fall in on itself when being served. Every serving would get all layers and not have to dig deep.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (454 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (196 Votes)
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (95 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.6/5 (172 Votes)
- Mouhalabieh 3.6/5 (176 Votes)
- Gluten-free No-bake Banoffee Pie 3.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Cupcake Recipe For Kids 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Rockin' Rocky Road 4.2/5 (83 Votes)