By john french
A delicious rice dish which is great hot or cold
- 4 skin on chicken thighs
- 4 chicken thighs skinned/diced
- 2 Red onions sliced
- 2 Red peppers sliced
- 8 sliced sundried tomatos plus a little oil from the jar
- Olive Oil
- half a bulb of garlic
- 2.5" chorizo sausage chopped
- 8 fl oz Basmati Rice
- 10 fl oz chicken stock
- 1 glass dry white wine
- Good squeeze of Tomato Puree
- Good pinch of Paprika
- Sprinkle of dried mixed herbs
- 2 oranges peeled and sliced
- Good glug of orange juice
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Season the thighs skin side only. Shallow fry slowly skin side down. Once golden season the flesh side, turn over and cook until golden. Turn back onto skin side and cook until really brown but do not burn. Drain on kitchen paper.
Heat oil in a large pan. Fry chicken pieces until cooked. Remove and fry onions and peppers until slightly brown.
Turn down heat. Add garlic, chorizo, tomatoes and oil. Cook until the chorizo colours. Do not burn the garlic.
Add the rice and stir well to give it a good coating of the oil.
Return chicken to the pan with stock, wine, tomato puree, paprika and orange juice. Simmer for 2 minutes.
season with salt and pepper.
Transfer rice mix to a large casserole dish and sprinkle with herbs.
Cover with oranges and place chicken thighs on top.
cook in a preheated oven at 180 for 1 hour.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Eleanor's Vegetable Egg Fried Rice 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Italian Panfried Chicken 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.