veggie mushroom strog
a creamy, luxurious mid week pick me up, meat free, gluten free, deeeeelishious!
- splash of good olive oil
- 1 onion
- 75g button mushrooms
- 150g white closed cup mushrooms
- 150g large flat mushrooms
- Or the mushrooms you prefer.
- 1 clove garlic
- finely diced
- 2 tsp ground paprika (I like the hot one)
- 3 tbsp dry sherry - try and get the best you can afford
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 150ml half fat crème frâiche
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley.
- Basmati rice:
- Follow pack instructions :)
- just make enough up for 4 people.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
put the rice on to cook, then, after chopping everything as above, to make the sauce, you need to heat the oil in a large frying pan, add onions and the mushrooms and cook for five minutes over a high heat until golden brown. Add the garlic and paprika cook for 30 seconds, stirring all the time, don't let the paprika burn.
Stir in the sherry, tomato pureé, mustard and lemon juice, and cook for about 30 seconds, stirring. Stir in the crème frâiche and cook over a low heat until really hot. you can add a tiny little bit of salt if you think it needs it, I always add a twist of pepper.
take your time and taste as you go.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.2/5 (197 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Full English Breakfast 3.4/5 (157 Votes)
- Leek,onion and mushroom pie 3.8/5 (112 Votes)
- Artichoke Heart and Beef Stroganoff 3.4/5 (68 Votes)