Really tasty. Cheap and quick to make.
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 400g can chickpeas
- washed and drained
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- handful parsley
- (or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs)
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, then fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 5 mins until softened.
Put the onion and garlic into a large mixing bowl with the chickpeas and spices, then mash together with a fork or potato masher until the chickpeas are totally broken down.
Stir in the parsley or dried herbs, and season to taste. Add the egg, then squash the mixture together with your hands.
Mould the mixture into balls, then flatten.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then fry the falafels on a medium heat for 3 mins on each side, until golden brown and firm
Great served hot or cold with couscous, pitta bread or salad!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (465 Votes)
- 5 minute chocolate fondant mug... 3.7/5 (235 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.6/5 (146 Votes)
- Cevapi Bosnian kebab 3.4/5 (149 Votes)
- Chicken fajitas 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Doner Kebab 3.4/5 (125 Votes)