- 500g parsnips
- 60g vegetable oil
- 40ml maple syrup (or honey)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
Peel the parsnips and then halve them crosswise, then halve or quarter each piece lengthwise.
Place the parsnips into a roasting tin. Pour the oil over the parsnips and mix them well so that the oil covers all of the pieces.
Pour the maple syrup over the parsnips and transfer the roasting tin to the oven. Roast the parsnips for 35 minutes, or until they are tender and golden-brown.
To serve place on a clean serving dish.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (465 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Awesome Almond and Oats Apple... 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Apple layered cake with maple... 3.4/5 (135 Votes)
- Hermitage Roast Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.