Toffee apple muffins.
Toffee and cinnamon apple delights.
- 4oz plain flour
- 4oz butter
- 2½oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 50g/2oz butter
- 4 dessert apples
- 12 Muffin cases and a muffin tin.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 22mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Peel and chop the apples, Melt the sugar and butter in a pan till melted add the apples to cook about 15 mins.
Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg add the cooked apple mixture, stir.
Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to just over half way, Bake in an oven set at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Easiest Shortbread Recipe EVER. 3.4/5 (204 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (202 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Moroccan marinated chicken with... 3.5/5 (150 Votes)
- Apple Bread and Butter Pudding 3.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Low Fat Cranberry & Walnut Muffins 4.2/5 (79 Votes)