Soya Korma ( Soya Nuggets in Curry)
By Joydeep Pal
A healthy alternative for the vegetarian community, Soya products are hot favourites. This recipe uses Soya Nuggets in making korma style and I couldn’t resist myself not to share.
- 250gm Soya nuggets (Washed and soaked)
- 1 pc Big Potato (diced to medium pieces)
- 1 pc Tomato (big)
- 2 or 3 Green Chillies (dependent on required hotness)
- 1 tablespoons of Ginger Paste
- 3-4 tablespoons of Oil : Sunflower oil
- Red Chilli: 1 whole
- Cummin Whole(Jeera): 1/4 teaspoon
- Cinnamon (Darchini): 1/4 of a stick
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 3 small one
- Clove (Labongo/laung): 3
- Garam Masala: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin powder (Jeera): 1/2 table-spoon
- Turmeric powder (Halud/Haldi): 1 tea-spoon
- Salt to Taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash and soak the soya nuggets until they become medium soft. Saute the diced potato pieces until they are lightly fried.
Add the cummin, cardamom, clove and cinnamon to fry little bit.
Then, add ginger paste, green chillies and tomato to saute along with cummin and garam masala powder.
Now, add the soya nuggets and the light fried potato with turmeric powder and salt and mix well with water. Put a lid over the frying pan to cook for 10-12 mins in medium flame.
The hot and yummy food is ready to be served.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (231 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Mango chutney 3.6/5 (161 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.4/5 (152 Votes)
- Pork and Sweet Potato Korma 2.7/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.