Sweet Eve Strawberry, Ricotta and Lemon Thyme Cheesecake
This recipe is much easier than a traditional cheesecake with biscuit crumbs at the bottom. Ricotta is a simple whey cheese and mascarpone is a cream cheese, both can be found in tubs in the cheese counter of most supermarkets, and the combination of the two makes this cheesecake creamy and rich. If you cannot find thyme flowers then just add the leaves.
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 4 free range large eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp candied peel
- A handful of thyme flowers and leaves
- 200g Sweet Eve strawberries
- Icing sugar for sifting
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven to 170°C. Butter and line a 23cm cake tin with baking parchment.
Place the ricotta and mascarpone in a large bowl, sift in the icing sugar and beat well. Add the eggs, one by one, and beat well.
Add the lemon zest, the candied peel and the chopped thyme flowers and leaves and mix well. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for about 1 hour. The cheesecake should be firm when ready. Cool on a wire rack.
Hull and slice the Sweet Eve strawberries, and when the cheesecake is ready arrange them in a spiral on the top. Sift icing sugar on top and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Lemon Ice Lollies with Liquorice... 3.6/5 (138 Votes)
- The ultimate makeover: Fish & chips 4.1/5 (92 Votes)
- Spinach, Mozzarella & Ricotta... 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Risotto with green asparagus,... 4/5 (97 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake 3.8/5 (106 Votes)
- Chestnut cream cheesecake 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Strawberry and lemon cheesecake... 3.7/5 (79 Votes)
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cheesecake 3.8/5 (57 Votes)