Sweet Eve Strawberry Meringue Roulade with Mascarpone
- Vegetable oil for brushing the tin
- Whites of 6 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 80g flaked almonds
- 400g mascarpone cream cheese
- 1tbsp heaped icing sugar
- 300g Sweet Eve strawberries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 16mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the oven rack quite near the top. Line a standard Swiss roll baking tin, or a shallow baking tray with baking parchment and brush with vegetable oil.
In a big, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites till they are quite stiff. Add the caster sugar slowly. Continue whisking until the meringue mixture is stiff and shiny, forming peaks.
Spread the meringue mixture in the Swiss roll tin and sprinkle the flaked almonds on top, evenly. Place in the oven and bake the meringue for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes lower the oven temperature to 160°C and bake the meringue until golden brown, which will take approximately another 8 minutes.
When the meringue is golden brown, remove from the oven and turn it almond-side down on a big, clean sheet of baking parchment. Peel off the paper from the base and leave the meringue to cool completely.
Whisk the mascarpone cream cheese and the icing sugar till stiff. Spread the mascarpone cream and three quarters of the Sweet Eve strawberries, sliced in halves lengthways, evenly over the cold meringue. Use the sides of the parchment paper to roll the meringue roulade onto a serving tray or platter. Keep the meringue roulade in the fridge until you are ready to serve it. Decorate the top with the remaining Sweet Eve strawberries and serve.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (453 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake with Meringue topping 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Tomato and Mascapone Soup 3.2/5 (133 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Biscuit Base Lemon Meringue Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)