Baked stuffed courgettes with spinach, ricotta and pine nuts
Courgettes filled with Spinach and Ricotta Al Forno Sauce topped with feta cheese and pine nuts, baked to a crisp, golden brown.
- 1 x 400g Jar Loyd Grossman Al Forno Tomato
- Spinach and Ricotta Sauce
- 3 medium courgettes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of grated feta cheese
- 1 heaped tablespoon pine nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat the oven to 180 /Gas Mark 4/160 fan oven
2. Slice the courgettes in half lengthways, remove the seeds and brush with a little olive oil. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the courgettes from the oven, place into a shallow oven proof dish and top each one with Spinach and Ricotta Al Forno Sauce, feta cheese and pine nuts. Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden brown.
4. Serve with couscous for a main course or as a side dish to lamb, beef or chicken.
Flaked almonds make a great alternative to pine nuts
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Strawberry Trifle with Ambrosia... 3.5/5 (221 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Feta and tomato omlette 3.3/5 (144 Votes)
- Loaf cake with feta cheese and... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Landaise Salad (Foie Gras Salad) 4.1/5 (24 Votes)