Easy veal blanquette stew
By Soso78410 , blog O miam miam de Soso
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 140mins
Cost Average budget
Fry the meat in butter until lightly coloured on all sides. Remove from the heat and sprinkle flour over the meat. Mix well to coat all the sides in flour.
Moisten with water, add the stock cubes and the wine. Heat again until it starts to bubble.
Meanwhile, peel the onions and carrots. Cut the mushrooms, previously washed and drained, and the carrots into small pieces or slices, then add all the vegetables to the meat. Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
After the 2 hours, mix in a bowl the creme fraiche, the veal stock, the lemon juice and egg yolk. Pepper and add to the meat and veg pot. Mix thoroughly and leave on low heat for 10 minutes before serving with the accompaniment of your choice.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Parmentier de Confit de Canard 3.7/5 (144 Votes)
- Beef stew 3.4/5 (142 Votes)