Roasted knuckle of pork confit with vegetables
By Anne Hélène
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Bring 2 litres of water to a simmer with the white wine and chopped vegetables with a bouquet garni or stock cube. Cook for 25 minutes and then add the knuckles of pork and cook for 1 hour.
Turn your oven on and preheat at gas mark 6-7/210 °C. Place your pork on an oven rack to roast in the oven for 1 hour. Place your cut vegetables in a baking tray, below the rack with the pork. Cover them with water mixed with vegetable stock.
Pour the vegetable juice over the pork regularly during cooking. This will make your meat moist, tender and a little sweet!
Cooking Tips: If you have a pressure cooker, 30 minutes will be enough to poach your knuckle of pork.
You can accompany your knuckle with mashed celery or a classic mashed potato. The pork is perfectly cooked when the flesh comes away easily from the bone.
Serve this winter dish with a wholegrain mustard.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (212 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.