Rabbit and red wine stew
By raverdy perrine
- - 1 rabbit
- cut into pieces (1.4 kg)
- - 600 g red onions
- - 1 chopped shallot
- - 30 g + 30 g + 20 g butter
- - 25 cl of red wine
- - 2 tbsp of sherry vinegar
- - 1 sprig of thyme
- - 2 sage leaves
- - 1 tsp. caster sugar
- - Salt and pepper
- to be boiled and served with the stew.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Peel the onions and cut into thick slices. In a frying pan, heat 30g of butter, add the onions, sprinkle with sugar and fry gently until soft. Add a little water and leave to caramelise for 30 minutes.
Fry the shallots in 30g of butter. Add the rabbit strips and brown on all sides. Add the thyme and sage, wine and vinegar. Salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 45 minutes. (Add water if necessary).
The longer you leave this dish to simmer the more flavour it will have. It tastes great reheated the next day too.
Serve on warm plates with a little of the cooking juices, accompanied with the caramelised onions and boiled potatoes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (361 Votes)
- Clonakilty Blackpudding “Sausage... 3.9/5 (211 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Fake rabbit 3.5/5 (85 Votes)
- Pork roast in red wine sauce 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Marinated rabbit in muscat white... 3.4/5 (76 Votes)