Spring Flower Cupcakes
These would make a great mother's day gift or easter surprise for someone.
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 50g self-raising flour
- 50g margarine
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g butter (softened)
- 175g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Natural yellow food colouring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wafer daisies
- Soft silver balls
- Mini marshmallows
- Silver shimmer spray
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to about 170 centigrade.
Sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
Add in the sugar, margarine and egg and beat well to form a thick, smooth batter.
plit the mixture evenly into cupcake cases and bake in the oven for about 12-18 minutes.
Allow the cakes to cool fully on a cooling rack before even thinking about starting to ice them!
To make the icing, beat the butter until it is soft and fluffy and then slowly add in the icing sugar.
Add in the vanilla essence, milk and about 4 or 5 drops of food colouring, enough to give the icing the colour of easter chicks!
Pipe (or splodge) the icing onto the cakes and then decorate with wafer flowers, silver balls and mini marshmallows before giving them a spray with edible shimmer spray and leaving the icing to set.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Witchhat Gingerbread Cupcakes 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Mille-feuille of asparagus and... 3.3/5 (213 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Greek salad 3.7/5 (113 Votes)
- Marshmallow & Sugar Flower Cupcakes 3.4/5 (126 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Fondant Roses 3.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Dandelion jam 2.8/5 (54 Votes)