This is a quick stir fry that's normally served as a street food in Thailand. Prepare everything before you start cooking and it's pretty easy.
- 175 g noodles
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 red chilli
- deseeded and finely chopped
- 125 g prawns
- 3 shallots
- finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 125 g beansprouts
- 2 spring onions
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 6mins
Cost Average budget
Prepare the noodles according the packet instructions. Set aside when cooked.
Mix the coriander, chilli and garlic with 2 tbsp of oil in a bowl.
Heat half of the oil mixture in a wok. When very hot add the prawns and stir fry for a minute until pink. Remove from the wok and set aside.
Heat the other half of the oil mixture until hot and fry the shallots for 1 minute. Add the egg and sugar and cook for a further minute, stirring to scramble the egg.
Stir in the oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, noodles and beansprouts. Cook for 2 minutes.
Return the prawn mixture to the wok with the spring onions and mix together well. Cook for a final 1-2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (158 Votes)
- Vegetable Supercurry 3.5/5 (154 Votes)
- Green lipped oysters & shallot... 3.4/5 (154 Votes)
- Chaing-Mai Sticky Rice with Mango 3.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Coriander chicken 3.3/5 (149 Votes)
- Leek,onion and mushroom pie 3.8/5 (112 Votes)
- Thai Green Beef Curry with Eggplant 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Yellow Chicken Curry with Potatoes 3.4/5 (138 Votes)