Tasty Courgette Tagliatelle, with smoked bacon and fresh herbs
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 pack of smoked bacon lardons
- 1 courgette
- cut into long ribbons
- 1 jar of Bolognese Sauce
- Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped Oregano
- 4 tbsp chopped Basil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 packet of tagliatelle pasta
- Ciabatta bread
- 1 garlic clove
- A drizzle of olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add salt to the water, add your pasta and cook until al dente.
In a large frying pan over a medium to high heat add oil then quickly fry the courgette ribbons. Season and toss for a couple of minutes then remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onions to the pan and cook until they soften then add the bacon lardons, garlic and a splash of red wine vinegar. Simmer for a minute then add the Dolmio sauce.
Cook the sauce for about 20 minutes until it thickens then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss well to coat and add in the freshly chopped basil, oregano and courgette ribbons.
Meanwhile split the ciabatta bread, rub with garlic and drizzle over some oil. Place on a baking tray and warm them in the oven until slightly toasted.
Serve the pasta topped with the grated cheese and the toasted ciabatta bread.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Crabmeat Tagliatelle 3.4/5 (139 Votes)
- Cheats Carbonara 3/5 (164 Votes)
- Banana Booster 3.9/5 (66 Votes)
- Chilli Garlic Pasta with Asparagus 3.4/5 (109 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.