Savoury Cheese Loaf
- 8oz self raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsps of mustard powder
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3oz marg
- 3oz grated cheese
- 1 medium egg
- 8 tbsps of milk
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 190 C. Lightly grease and line a 1lb loaf tin.
Sift flour, baking powder and mustard into mixing bowl.
Cut rind off the bacon and finely dice, add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
Place mixture in tin, smooth the top. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 - 45 minutes.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (242 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
- Brioche loaf 4.2/5 (67 Votes)
- Banana Loaf 3.4/5 (134 Votes)
- Chicken & Tarragon Suet Pudding 4.4/5 (55 Votes)