Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- 1 small onion
- finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper
- finely chopped
- 1oz butter
- 1 small can (7 3/4oz) pineapple
- 2tbsp Demerara sugar
- 2tsp Worcester sauce
- 2tsp tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp sweet chutney
- 2tbsp malt vinegar
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1/2tsp salt
- 4 spare rib pork chops
- 8oz long grain rice
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Turn oven on to 400F/200C/Gas Mark 6
Melt the butter and fry the onion and green pepper for about 3mins.
Strain the pineapple juice into measuring jug and make up to 1/2pt with water. Chop fruit roughly and add fruit and juice to pan.
Stir in sugar, Worcester sauce, tomato ketchup and chutney.
Blend together vinegar and cornflour, add to pan with salt. Bring to boil, stirring and cook for 1min.
Pour sauce into a 2pt casserole, arrange pork chops on top. Cover and place in oven for 1hr, remove lid for last 15mins.
Arrange chops on a warmed plate, pour some sauce over chops and remainder in a sauce boat.
Arrange cooked rice around the edge of the dish, serve hot.
Can replace the pork shops with sausages, lamb chops or chicken joints. Cook chicken for and extra 10mins.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Apple Rose Cake 3.8/5 (164 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Duo of salmon and swordfish curry 3.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Roast Chops with Potatoes 3.3/5 (120 Votes)
- Pan roast rib of beef with thyme... 3/5 (124 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.