Rolled rib of beef with herb, anchovy and garlic stuffing
- 1·75kg (3½lb) rolled rib
- 25g (1oz) breadcrumbs
- 8 anchovies
- ½ pack rosemary
- stalks removed and finely chopped
- 1 x 35g pack curled parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 105mins
Cost Average budget
Remove joint from its packaging the night before cooking and dry with kitchen paper. Chill overnight.
Preheat the oven to gas 7, 220ºC, fan 200ºC. Mix the breadcrumbs, anchovies, herbs and garlic together with the olive oil, and season well.
Remove the string and unroll the beef. Press the stuffing down and roll the joint up again, using the string to tie it back together. Sprinkle the top layer of fat with sea salt.
Put in a roasting tray and cook for 25 mins. Then reduce the oven temperature to gas 3, 160ºC, fan 140ºC and cook for another 42 mins for rare (53 mins for medium, 63 mins for well done).
Remove and allow to rest for 20 minutes, lightly covered in foil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (175 Votes)
- Stir fried Garlic Beef with Oyster... 3.5/5 (153 Votes)
- homemade sausage rolls 3.4/5 (151 Votes)
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread 4.6/5 (58 Votes)
- Pork & Pears 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.