Chicken corn soup
- 1 chicken breast (medium-sized)
- 1 tin sweet corn
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 white of an egg
- 1 egg
- salt (to taste)
- 8-10 pepper corns (ground)
- chilli sauce (to taste)
- small piece ginger/ginger paste
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1. Boil the chicken with ginger and peppercorns.
2. Get a stock of 7 cups, and chop the chicken into tiny pieces.
3. To the stock add corn cream style, salt and chicken pieces. When chicken is tender, dissolve corn flour in water and add it to the boiling soup. Stir the soup occasionally as it boils.
4. Cook until the soup becomes thick. Beat the egg lightly, add it to the soup little by little and stir it vigorously while adding.
5. Then when thin threads appear, turn off the heat and serve hot with shredded ginger and chilli sauce (optional).
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Approved byThe Chef Classic French onion soup 3.6/5 (363 Votes)
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (241 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Pineapple and ginger cheesecake 3/5 (227 Votes)
- Roast Squash with Pear and Kiwi... 3.6/5 (157 Votes)
- Green Tea with Ginger, Honey and... 4.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Crab, Corn and Pepper Rice Salad 3.5/5 (106 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.