- 1 green cabbage
- 400 g of minced meat
- mixed (beef
- lamb ...)
- 200 g ham
- 100 g of bread
- 125 g of bacon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 onions
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 carrots
- 50 cl chicken stock
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 90mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Detach 12 large cabbage leaves and blanch a few minutes in boiling salted water. Drain. Chop an onion, parsley and ham finely. Add the minced meat, bread soaked in milk and squeezed (into a bowl for later), salt and pepper, mix well and amalgamate with the egg. Spread the cabbage leaves on a work top and place the stuffing in a ball in the middle.
Close and cover with the remaining leaves. Tie up like a balloon.
Melt the lard in a casserole, add the chopped onions and sliced carrots.
Place the cabbage in the casserole, add the milk (from the bread) and brown 5 minutes, then pour the stock and cover the casserole. Cook over low heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve with the juices.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Lamb Samosa 3.3/5 (190 Votes)
- Hearty meatball bake 3.4/5 (177 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
- Hot & Spicy Lamb chops in Apple... 3.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Slow-Roasted Lamb 3.4/5 (142 Votes)
- Minced meat cakes 3.8/5 (98 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.