Lentil ragout Bolognese
Rich ragout made with lentils instead of meat, traditional recipe from my grandmother
- Brown lentils
- 500g tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- olive oil
- fresh sage
- fresh rosemary
- black pepper
- 1 glass red wine
- some dried porcini mushrooms
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cook the lentils until fairly soft with a bay leaf.
Chop onion, carrot, garlic and celery very finely and sautè in olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add the cooked lentils and sautè for a minute, then add the herbs and spices and the wine. Soak the mushrooms in warm water.
Once the wine has evaporated a bit, add the tomato sauce and the mushrooms and let cook for at least 20 minutes.
Serve on pasta or gnocchi.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.7/5 (230 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Healthy Ratatouille 3.7/5 (175 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (144 Votes)
- Noisettes 3.9/5 (112 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.