No jars spag bol
A tasty, quick and easy recipe using ingredients everyone has in their larder, without using jars of tomato sauce.
- 420g minced beef
- 200g pancetta
- 1 red pepper diced
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 8 baby corn chopped
- 1 courgette diced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp 5 spice
- 2 tsp Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp dark soy
- 4 portions of spaghetti
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Prepare all the vegetables.
Heat the oil in a wok and fry the pancetta and mince until browned.
Add the onion and garlic, cook for 2-3 mins, mixing thoroughly.
Add the pepper, mushrooms, corn and courgette, cook for a further 4-5 mins, mixing thoroughly.
Heat a large pan of water and bring to the boil.
Back to the mince mixture, add the thyme, oregano, coriander, 5 spice, Worcester sauce, Tabasco,fish sauce, paprika and soy sauce, mix thoroughly.
Add the tomato puree and chopped tomatoes, mix thoroughly and turn the heat down to a simmer.
Add the spaghetti to the pan of boiling water and cook to package instructions, usually 15 mins.
Stir the mince mixture occasionally to prevent sticking.
Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain (add a knob of butter if you like) and serve with a generous serving of meat sauce.
You can add any vegetables you like to this and top with grated parmesan
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Best Bolognese 3.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Classic chilli con carne 4.1/5 (116 Votes)
- Bailey Bolognese 3.7/5 (115 Votes)
- Bellissimo Spaghetti Bolognese 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Bacon, Egg & Asparagus 3.3/5 (123 Votes)