Tarte Tatin of Foie Gras and potatoes
By Florence Lacombe
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Put in a casserole pot, the potatoes covered with water, add the stock cubes, 2 tablespoons of goose fat and a bouquet garni. Half cook them only, for 10 to 12 mins. After draining, cut into regular slices and slice the foie gras.
Grease a frying pan with a detachable handle, about 25 cm or 30 cm in diameter. Arrange a layer of potato slices, overlapping them in a ring, then add a second layer. Divide the slices of foie gras on top, pour over the remaining melted goose fat. Lightly brown the underside of the potatoes over high heat for 4 to 5 min. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Preheat the oven to gas mark 9 (240 °).
15 minutes before serving, cover the pan with the pastry, tuck the edges inside the pan and bake. After 6 mins, press down the pastry to pack tightly the ingredients inside and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
To serve, unstick the potatoes by shaking the pan and with the help of a flexible knife. Turn the Tatin upside down on a serving dish and serve hot.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Baigan Choka (Caribbean Aubergine... 3.3/5 (192 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad 3.7/5 (182 Votes)
- Gingerbread, pear and foie gras... 4.1/5 (113 Votes)
- Beef and potato pie 3.3/5 (173 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of foie gras... 3.4/5 (131 Votes)
- Chicken and mushroom potato pie 3/5 (126 Votes)