Tuna and Cheese Melts
By john french
These were first made for us by a couple of friends and they have been a real family staple ever since
- 4 slices bread of your choice
- 1 Tin of Tuna in Oil or Brine Drained
- 2 tablespoons of Mayo
- 1 tablespoon Salad Cream
- Good pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Good shake of lemon juice
- small pinch of cayenne pepper
- Grated cheese to top
- Slices of tomato or onion (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
lightly toast bread and spread thinly with butter
Drain tuna and empty into a large mixing bowl with mayo, salad cream, pepper, cayenne and lemon juice and mix well.
Top all 4 slices of toast with the tuna mix.
Add onion/tomato if you wish
Top generously with cheese and some freshly ground black pepper and place under a medium grill until cheese is bubbly and melted.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Tomato Basil and Cheese scrambled... 3.8/5 (224 Votes)
- FOOD PORN Duck breast in orange sauce 3.5/5 (252 Votes)
- Tasty Southwest Quesadilla 3.9/5 (178 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- The best sarnie in the... 3.6/5 (160 Votes)
- Messy Breakfast Sandwich 3.7/5 (155 Votes)
- Croque mademoiselle 3.5/5 (160 Votes)
- Traditional Family Fish Pie 4/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.