This easy to make pasta makes for a quick weekday dinner! And satisfying it is too!
- Ingredients: (Serves 6)
- 300g (11oz) spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 table spoon olive oil
- 50g (1 and 3/4 oz) very fine fresh brown bread crumbs
- finely grated zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli
- and finely diced
- 300g (1oz) shelled
- cooked king prawns
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- and roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- to serve
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
1. Cook the spaghetti in boiling water according to packet instruction. Drain well.
2. Heat 1 table spoon of the oil in a deep frying pan, add the breadcrumbs and lemon zest, and fry for 1 minute or until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the pan, stir in the shallot, garlic and chilli and fry for 3-4 minutes or until starting to soften.
4. Stir in the prawns and tomatoes, then add the parsley and lemon juice.
5. Stir in the spaghetti, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and heat through throughly. Stir in the breadcrumbs and serve immediately with the Parmesan.
I made fresh breadcrumbs blitzing two slices of medium toasted brown bread. There are several youtube videos on how to make fresh breadcrumbs. Most recommend adding olive oil to the breadcrumbs. But if you add olive oil to your breadcrumbs you have to use them up, cannot be stored in the fridge. So if you want to use your breadcrumb for later use, please do not add olive oil to it. For this recipe I did not since the first step of the recipe is to fry it in oil.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (460 Votes)
- Quick Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Chicken & thyme risotto 3.6/5 (167 Votes)
- Italian Meat Balls in Tomato Sauce 3.6/5 (145 Votes)
- King langoustines with early... 3.5/5 (166 Votes)
- ultimate makeover: Fish pie 4.2/5 (86 Votes)
- Healthy homemade thai prawn curry 3.7/5 (120 Votes)
- Hot & Sour Asian Broth 3/5 (127 Votes)