- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- softened at room temperature
- 118g plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2) Grease a muffin tin or line the cups with paper liners. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter until smooth.
3) Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix. In a shallow bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork. Add to the batter and mix.
4) With the mixer running at low speed, add 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, and mix. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
5) Fold in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed.
6) In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon. Use an ice-cream scoop or large spoon to fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
7) Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins and bake until golden brown and risen, 25 to 30 minutes.
8) Cool in the pan at least 30 minutes before turning out.
Perfect for a picnic on a sunny day!
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (467 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Apple kiwi turnovers 3.7/5 (205 Votes)
- Vanillekipferl 3.5/5 (168 Votes)
- Peppermint Creams 3.7/5 (146 Votes)
- Molten chocolate Cupcakes 3.9/5 (108 Votes)
- Low Fat Cranberry & Walnut Muffins 4.2/5 (79 Votes)
- Papaya and Lime Frosties 3.3/5 (124 Votes)