Basic Brownie Recipe
This is a perfect base recipe for plain brownies, or for you to make your own adaptations.
- 6½ oz unsalted butter
- 6½ oz milk chocolate (I used Cadbury's Dairy milk)
- 3 oz plain flour
- 1½ oz cocoa powder
- 10 oz golden caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Start by pre-heating your oven to 160° (325° F, Gas Mark 3) and grease an 8" square tin.
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bain marie or in a microwave.
Meanwhile, crack the 3 eggs into a mixing bowl or food processor, and add in the golden caster sugar. Whisk or whizz on maximum speed, until the mixture becomes paler and doubles in size.
Pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture, and blend again to turn it a light brown.
Sift in the flour and cocoa, and whizz just enough to ensure the two mixtures are combined. If not using a processor, gently fold the sieved powders in with a wooden spoon.
Now, pour all of the mixture into your greased baking tin, and and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a knife pressed into the centre comes out clean.
To remove from the tin, gently run a knife round the edge of the tin, cut brownies into squares and carefully lift out.
Like these recipes? Then you'll love
- Kinder Bueno Cake 4.2/5 (462 Votes)
- Foie gras and leeks cooked "à la... 4/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Carrot Chocolate Nutty... 3.8/5 (197 Votes)
- Approved byThe Chef Soft centre chocolate cake in the... 3.3/5 (258 Votes)
- MARS BAR SQUARES 3.4/5 (140 Votes)
- Romantic Chocolate Kissing Pie 3.7/5 (119 Votes)
- Basic white sauce 3.4/5 (127 Votes)
- No cook chocolate tart 3.9/5 (73 Votes)